Treatment Centers by City
- Oklahoma City
- Ponca City
- Broken Arrow
- El Reno
- Elk City
- Midwest City
- Sand Springs
Alcoholism is an epidemic in society today, and is a problem facing many in Oklahoma City, OK. Alcohol is in fact a drug, the most commonly used and widely abused in the world. Alcohol addiction causes many problems, and people that abuse alcohol are more likely to become violent, struggle with their career and have problems in their relationships. Alcoholism can literally destroy your life.
Consuming alcohol is a common and acceptable practice in Oklahoma City. The problem with alcohol addiction and alcoholism begins when consumption crosses the line from moderate drinking, to having to consume alcohol to avoid feeling bad or to feel comfortable in social situations. Alcohol addiction and alcoholism may be triggered by an individual's environment, the people he's associating with, etc. Whatever the case may be, if alcohol is being used in excess and an individual doesn't have enough control to put down that drink despite the consequences, there is a problem.
For someone in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma who is involved in alcohol addiction or alcoholism, it is very easy to justify drinking habits and be in complete denial that there is a problem. But if a person is continuing to drink despite the health risks involved and the destruction that is being created in their life, it is time for them to seek help or for someone to intervene and help the person see that there is a problem. It may seem easier to pretend that nothing is wrong, but the longer a person continues his addictive behavior the worse off he will be in the long run.
Treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Oklahoma City is available for individuals who know they have a problem and have the courage to face their issues with alcohol. There are a number of Alcohol Treatment Programs in the area. At an Alcohol Addiction Rehab individuals can be in an environment where they can address the psychological and emotional issues that may have caused their alcoholism.
Alcoholism has taken its toll when an individual drinks so heavily for a long duration, that when alcohol is taken away withdrawal sets in. Withdrawal symptoms can include shakiness or trembling, fatigue, irritability and loss of appetite for example. Alcohol withdrawal can be overcome by going through a supervised alcohol detoxification as part of treatment at an Alcohol Abuse Rehabilitation Program in Oklahoma City, OK.
There are a variety of options available for individuals looking for treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. There are Long-term Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facilities, Outpatient Alcohol Addiction Rehabilitation Programs, Short-term Alcoholism Treatment Facilities, Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Programs, support group meetings, alcohol counseling, halfway houses and sober living.
Individuals battling alcohol addiction or alcoholism don't have to be ashamed or feel alone and hopeless. Recovering from alcohol addiction and alcoholism won't be easy, but admitting you have a problem and seeking treatment is the first step to getting the help that can get you through it. Put addiction behind you, so you can look forward to a bright and sober future. Contact a counselor and start treatment today.
Alcohol Treatment Facilities in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Cope Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- Specialized Outpatient Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- Referral Center for Alcohol and Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- MMLD Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Quapaw Counseling Services Oklahoma City, OK, 73129
- Cornerstone Counseling and Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- GMO Urban Ministries Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73111
- Jordans Crossing Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73139
- Pathways Professional Counseling Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Total Life Counseling Foundation (TLC) Oklahoma City, OK, 73112
- Saint Anthonys Hospital Oklahoma City, OK, 73159
- Open Options Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73112
- Turning Point South Oklahoma City, OK, 73108
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73104
- Salvation Army Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Care for Change Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73111
- Aurora Counseling Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73139
- Maximus Counseling Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73109
- Valley Hope Oklahoma City, OK, 73132
- New Alternatives Center LLC Oklahoma City, OK, 73102
- Enrichment Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Lighthouse Counseling Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73107
- Behavioral Health Group Medical Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73179
- Rightway Medical Oklahoma City, OK, 73160
- North Care Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73103
- Family Development-Intervention Servs Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- A Chance to Change Foundation Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- Effective Transitions Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73116
- Drug Recovery Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- Family Recovery Counseling Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- Oklahoma Mental Health Council Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- New Restoration Counseling Center LLC Oklahoma City, OK, 73109
- Southern OK Treatment Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73108
- Community House Oklahoma City, OK, 73117
- Contact Us
- National surveys show that about 6 out of every 10 women of child-bearing age use alcohol, and slightly less than one-third of women who drink alcohol in this age group binge drink.
- Alcoholics may experience damage to their brain, higher blood pressure, nerve damage, heart muscle damage, pancreatitis, erectile dysfunction (men), birth defects in children, fetal alcohol syndrome (women), depression, bleeding of the esophagus and increased risk for cancer.
- In the USA alone, as many as 12-14 million adults are chronic heavy drinkers who abuse alcohol or are alcoholics.
- Many chronic heavy drinkers have been reported to die during withdrawal from extremely high blood alcohol levels; death in these instances is usually due to seizures when the body experiences hyper excitability during rapidly declining blood alcohol levels.
- AA Meetings in Oklahoma City, OK.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73101
Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Times
Monday, 8:00 PM