- Treatment Centers by City
- Oklahoma City
- Ponca City
- Broken Arrow
- El Reno
- Elk City
- Midwest City
- Sand Springs
When an individual in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has an alcoholism problem they will continue to drink regardless of the negative consequences that are related to their alcohol addiction. Eventually, the individual from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma will develop an increased tolerance to the effect of alcohol and they will have to increase the amount of the alcohol that they drink in order to get high; thus begins the vicious downward cycle of alcoholism.
There are several causes for alcoholism and no one in Oklahoma City that starts drinking ever does so with the goal of developing an alcohol addiction. People in Oklahoma City who start drinking heavily at an early age are reported to have an increased tendency towards alcoholism. When an individual from Oklahoma City, OK. experiences a lack of family support or if they are unemployed, it can increase their risk of alcoholism; an alcohol addiction can escalate rapidly when the person that is drinking becomes isolated.
Because of the effect that alcohol has on our minds, bodies and emotions, it is considered a drug; one of the main reasons that it is so important to get help for alcoholism is that more people in Oklahoma City have been known to die from an alcohol addiction as compared to those who are addicted to drugs.
Getting treatment for an individual in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma that has an alcohol addiction can be a life saving measure, as many people in the U.S. die every year of health problems that are directly related to alcoholism. A quality Oklahoma City Alcohol Addiction Rehab can help a person with an alcoholism problem to become sober and remain that way.
The first step in alcohol addiction treatment is the alcohol detox; this process is the abrupt cessation of alcohol intake and is an important step that is needed for the individual that is struggling with alcoholism to be successfully rehabilitated. Because of the uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms that are related to the detox process, it is highly advisable that an individual from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma be overseen in a professional Alcohol Abuse Rehabilitation Program.
An individual from Oklahoma City that has an alcohol addiction has the choice of many different treatment options including residential alcohol rehab, therapeutic communities, adolescent alcohol treatment programs, partial hospitalization rehab treatment programs, outpatient rehab treatment programs and inpatient alcohol addiction rehab treatment.
An alcoholic in Oklahoma City may use defense mechanisms in order to protect him or herself from the painful truth about their alcoholism problem; no one likes to believe that they are sick, so it is common for them to minimize, rationalize and deny that they have an alcohol addiction. We are here to help you to deal with this type of a situation, and to assist you in finding the quality Alcohol Rehab that you or your loved one in Oklahoma City is in need of. Pick up the phone right now in order to speak to one of our caring counselors today.
Alcohol Treatment Facilities in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Cope Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- Specialized Outpatient Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- Referral Center for Alcohol and Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- MMLD Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Quapaw Counseling Services Oklahoma City, OK, 73129
- Cornerstone Counseling and Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- GMO Urban Ministries Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73111
- Jordans Crossing Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73139
- Pathways Professional Counseling Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Total Life Counseling Foundation (TLC) Oklahoma City, OK, 73112
- Saint Anthonys Hospital Oklahoma City, OK, 73159
- Open Options Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73112
- Turning Point South Oklahoma City, OK, 73108
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73104
- Salvation Army Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Care for Change Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73111
- Aurora Counseling Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73139
- Maximus Counseling Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73109
- Valley Hope Oklahoma City, OK, 73132
- New Alternatives Center LLC Oklahoma City, OK, 73102
- Enrichment Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73106
- Lighthouse Counseling Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73107
- Behavioral Health Group Medical Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73179
- Rightway Medical Oklahoma City, OK, 73160
- North Care Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73103
- Family Development-Intervention Servs Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- A Chance to Change Foundation Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- Effective Transitions Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73116
- Drug Recovery Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- Family Recovery Counseling Center Oklahoma City, OK, 73118
- Oklahoma Mental Health Council Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73105
- New Restoration Counseling Center LLC Oklahoma City, OK, 73109
- Southern OK Treatment Services Inc Oklahoma City, OK, 73108
- Community House Oklahoma City, OK, 73117
- Contact Us
- A warning sign of alcohol dependency includes poor eating habits.
- Heavy alcohol consumption (more than six drinks per day) has been linked to heart disease in HIV-infected people. Therefore, stopping or cutting down on their alcohol consumption may help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Age 21 MLDA (minimum legal drinking age) laws result in lower levels of alcohol consumption among young adults age 21 years and older as well as those less than age 21 years.
- According to some studies, moderate alcohol consumption could possibly reduce the negative effects of a heart attack and have beneficial effects on prevention of ischemic heart disease.
- AA Meetings in Oklahoma City, OK.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73101
Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Times
Monday, 8:00 PM